Friday, August 1, 2008

The first post



I want to clarify that title. Being that I am in Georgia, and so many odd things are illegal here, I thought this would be a good title for a law student. I've checked the O.C.G.A. however, and knitting, in fact, does appear to be legal.

This blog is going to be my attempt to share my knitting and spinning experiences with others. I've learned a lot, and been quite entertained, by other knitting and spinning bloggers. Maybe someone may learn the wrong way to do something from my experiences... or be inspired on their own.

We'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to a fun ride.

What's on my needles:

the Frontier Blues Jacket by Wendy Bernard using Cascade 220 in a greenish-blueish color

the Menehune Cobblestone Socks by Adrienne Fong using Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Silk Print in a greenish-blueish color

Surprisingly, that's all I'm knitting right now. The socks I modified to knit from the toe up, two at a time, and I've developed TFK, or Tired-of-Fiddly-Knitting Syndrome. Similar to SSS, or Second-Sock-Syndrome, TFK is characterized by annoyedness at fiddly, two-at-a-time socks and leads me to believe that I really only want socks that are anklets so I can be done. (Which is a lie-I hate those types of socks).

Spinning-wise, I just completed 4oz of beautiful roving from the Spinning Loft called French Lilacs. It spun up nicely on my Ashford Traditional into a barber-pole type effect.




Also I'm hard at work at 4oz of Blue-Faced Leicester that I'm doing on an Ann Grout drop spindle.  Approximately 120 yards down, a bunch to go!


No comments: