Sunday, December 7, 2008

And more law

Pretty much my life right now. Today has definitely a low point though. After struggling through the Commerce Clause, Substantive Due Process and what exactly the Supreme Court feels is a fundamental right, (and its not always clear) I came home utterly exhausted.

But a nice dinner, a few hours of knitting and one episode of the Office courtesy Netflix's new Mac plugin made me feel a little better.

Knitting has been moving along apace however, since every evening I am sure to stop studying or reading and pick up some knitting, watch some tv and just veg out.

I have also been reading quite a bit, at least an hour or so each night.  Last night I started Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire.  Last night I finished Flash for Freedom by George MacDonald Frasier.

My Xmas knitting is coming along nicely having finished something for my FIL tonight.  I'm finishing up knitting for friends next, then on to a few more relatives.  Looks like I'll get it all done!  I didn't choose anything big, but made quite a few of these: Birthday Cowls. (rav link)


Finished Projects: Diamond Lace Scarf in Simply Soft





















Some sort of feather and fan scarf out of Simply Soft.























Macuwita Sni Shawl: This is for a charity that has a yahoo group here.  The group collects hand knit items for the children of the Cheyenne River Sioux in South Dakota.  This is knit with 100% wool that I picked up at Wal-mart. Apparently they're only carrying cotton and 100% acrylic at the local Wal-marts so this was half off. I knew there'd be a good reason to buy it!  I used the Simple but Effective Shawl by Laura Chau of CosmicPlutoKnits.




















Last but not least, these were driving me a little crazy! They are the Hedera pattern by Cookie A, although this is a free pattern from Knitty.  Its not quite as elaborate as some of her patterns, but in Crystal Palace Maizy, they turned out quite beautiful.  Viki gave me the yarn for my birthday, and I was skeptical of the colorway, but they really are lovely.  Also I like the stretch in the yarn and how it wears.  







1 comment:

drlaura said...

hi, i'm drlaura "cpysockguru" and i love your hedera's!! may i post them on our blog at CPYsocksandmore
and link back to you?

thanks
La
proflauraATfirststepinternetDOTcom