Friday, May 8, 2009

On Con Law, counter butter and fibery goodness

















This is my new counter butter dish. I'm not sure what it is really called, but it keeps the butter at room temperature, so its wonderfully spreadable. The butter goes in the small container attached to the lid, which is inverted into the larger cube that has cool water on the bottom to keep air out. Reading online, I discovered that butter will go rancid eventually at room temperature, but it takes a while. Also, until it goes rancid, it won't hurt you, but when it is rancid, it would be bad to eat. But when it goes rancid, its pretty noticeable and so DH keeps smelling it closely when I put it on bread. I have faith I'll notice rancid butter before I eat it. I put one stick in there, so hopefully that won't go bad. If it does, we'll use half a stick. The best part? $5 at TJ Maxx.



















This is just a taste of the dyeing I did this week. I dyed 8 ounces of Correidale that I purchased at the Spinning Loft.

I got the dye from Indie Dyer at Stitches South. I got several other beautiful colors and dyed up around a pound of fiber. Now to get to spinning!


















Speaking of spinning. The above yarn is my handspun from Lisa Souza's fiber I purchased at Stitches. Its Blue Faced Leicester (BFL) and spun up wonderfully! If I hadn't dyed up my own... I would probably order some more!


And the Con Law part (constitutional law)...  that's what I've been really doing.  I outlined, and now I'm studying for that exam, my last. I'm also finishing up some written work for two other classes.  Overall, I should be done soon, and boy, I can't wait!


Ok, now off to study. 

No comments: