Saturday, October 17, 2009

A very cold rainforest

Oh man, its chilly out. I went to the farmer's market and had seriously underdressed. I'm still feeling chilled, 45 minutes later. At least we have our heat on now-its awesome! I love how it comes out along the baseboards, and you'll walk past one and get a shot of warm air on your feet!

This was a pretty busy week for me. School's been going, we had the knitters over on Thursday, and Friday a couple classmates and I volunteered at the local food bank. Now generally, I enjoy volunteering. But law school has kept me so busy that I haven't had much time for that. (I've done a few Saturdays trying to adopt dogs for the Madison-Oglethorpe Animal Shelter) But we were given an opportunity to get extra credit for 6 hours of community service so we spent 3 hours yesterday putting a selection of canned and dry food into boxes. We got two pallets (85) boxes nearly full and would have finished both but we ran out of canned food to put in it. It was a nice afternoon but my back and legs were hurting afterwards! We all realized how lucky we are to be in law school and becoming lawyers, not working in an assembly line. Or doing actual community service.

Knitting wise, I've been finishing some things. I've completed some stuff for Warm Woolies, a great charity. I also completed and blocked this beautiful Ishbel (Ravelry link). This is knit out of merino/cashmere that I purchased from my friend Melanie at Lotus Yarns. The colorway is called Veronica and it is so soft and warm, I'm wearing it around my neck right now.

No comments: