Tuesday, September 28, 2010

RAFFLE Part Deux

My hibiscus is flowering!

We had some random heavy rain for the last two days and I was unable to photograph the other two prizes. Luckily, the sun has come out today and made for some great picture-taking weather. Its also just plain AWESOME weather. I'm so excited I was able to wear a sweater! Yay!
Fall is definitely my favorite season.
But on to the prizes.

The first is a skein of Love Cats graciously donated by Lotus Yarns. It is the Chakra base, 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon and 10% Cashmere. It is just plain beautiful and I will be sad to send it out. But it will be mailed out at the beginning of November to the winner of the raffle! So go ahead and donate and your name will be included!

The third prize is the completed project. This is a lace scarf (Annis, from Knitty) made out of laceweight cotton and using silver beads. Its a perfect little mini shawl or scarf. It is a great weight for summer as well as other seasons, because it is very light and airy. I purchased the beads at a beadshow in Atlanta and the yarn in Guatemala. I'm very sorry to part with it but it will be going to a good cause!


No comments: