Thursday, September 23, 2010

RAFFLE

I've been busy working this week and knitting up a little project for the raffle.

So the first prize will be this:


It is 182 yards (approximately 4 ounces) of Merino/Silk blend 2 ply, with a third ply of purple thread strung with silver beads. I will try and get a closer picture, but it is very shiny and reflects a lot of light. I was trying to get a fine yarn but sometimes you have to do what the yarn wants, rather than what you want. And this wanted to be a DK/Worsted weight yarn. It was thinner, but then it fluffed up when I washed it. But it is REALLY beautiful and would make an amazing hat, scarf or shawlette. I hate to part with this, but it is for a good cause and I think someone will really enjoy it!

The other two prizes will be revealed next week, after I get some photographs taken, but I will tell you that the commercial yarn I have as part of the raffle was graciously donated by Melanie of Lotus Yarns. It is really beautiful, as all of Melanie's yarn is, but it is a BRAND NEW colorway and has not been offered for sale on her site. So someone is going to win some beautiful yarn!

The last prize will also be photographed this weekend after blocking, but it is the knitted item. No spoilers yet though!


No comments: